When a light source is placed against the skin, the photons from this specialized Therapy may penetrate several centimeters and are absorbed by the Mitochondria (the energy producing part of the cell) that convert Photonic energy into readily usable (Chemical) energy in the form of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the primary fuel source for most cells in the body every cell in the body requires it. It gives the cell the energy it needs to function and perform at optimum. efficiency. This energy fuels a number of positive physiological responses resulting in the restoration of normal cell morphology and function.
Photobiomodulation has been successfully used to treat a broad range of medical conditions. The central goal of this therapy is to stimulate the cell to perform its natural functions at an enhanced rate. Targeting Hemoglobin and Cytochrome C Oxidase it may facilitate respiration of the cell and thus the Body’s Natural Healing Processes.
Photobiomodulation Therapy appears too good to be true as it does many things, but really it does just one thing and it does it very well and that is, it reduces Oxidative Stress.
Oxidative stress is accepted as the underlying trigger for most diseases and degenerative conditions. It is also a component in the inflammatory phase of acute and chronic injuries.
Benefits of Photobiomodulation are:
* Non Invasive
* Non Toxic
* No known adverse effects
* Easily applied
* No Drug interactions
* May reduce the need for many Pharmaceuticals
* Provides treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to other Therapies
* May restore normal Range of Motion and Physical Function
● Supports Mitochondrial Function + M Cellular Homeostasis
● Increased Erythrocyte Numbers + Nitric Oxide
● Immunoregulatory/Enhanced Antioxidative Enzyme Activity
● Fast Reduction of Inflammatory Processes
● Exerts Significant Differences in Systolic + Diastolic Blood Pressure
● Improves Physical Endurance + Recovery
● Improves Cognitive Function
(Velizhanina I.A. et al 2001, Karu 2002, Mokmeli S. et al 2008, Da Silva 2018)
PhotoBiomodulating Clinical Applications:
● Adrenal Burnout
● Anti Aging
● Maintaining Etheric/Energetic Health
● Sports Recovery
● Physical Performance
● Cognitive Function
● Memory Loss
● Acute Pain Syndromes
● Chronic Pain Syndromes
● Post Stroke/Heart Attack
● Ischaemic Heart Disease
● Rheumatoid Arthritis
● Post Operative/Rehabilitation
● Sports Injury
● Wound Healing
● Musculoskeletal Conditions
● Internal & External Anti-Aging
(Hroudrova J. et al 2013, Sommer A.P. et al 2011, Ando T. et al 2011, Moges et al 2009, De Taboada L. et al 2006)
Over 400 Randomised Controlled Trials have been published using Photobiomodulation Therapy devices, and the technology has featured in over 4,000 laboratory studies. PBM Therapy is used in thousands of clinics, hospitals and elite sports institutions in over 70 nations.
We use a Top of the Range German Photobiomodulation System.
Blood Irradiation – Sub-Lingual Passive Laser Therapy
This high quality German Made, pain free, non-invasive Laser Blood Irradiation is primarily performed with a ‘Light Needle Sub Lingual Unit’ that generates laser wavelength of 655 NM (by 4) and 405 NM (by 2) for strong absorption by Hemoglobin. This unit is ideal for Systemic Therapy that is suitable for all patients.
Blood chemistry improves soon after the treatment and continue to modulate the physiology and immune system and is particulary beneficial after long illness, surgery and prolonged physical endurance and during a rehabilitation period after neurological injury.
The applicator for the sub-lingual is designed so that the blood vessels can be easily exposed to the laser light without any discomfort to the patient or risk associated with intravenous light therapy treatments.
- 5 minute treatment with applicator comfortably placed under the tongue
- The sublingual-applicator is slipped into a specialised disposable plastic sleeve for each patient
Please see link for more information: https://www.ailt.com.au/index.php/equipment/light-needle-mini-for-sub-lingual-laser-therapy